Friday, November 22, 2013

Crocheted "Tassie" Clips

  There was a baby shower to attend last night, and I had Julius Caesar to avoid yesterday afternoon. Clearly it was time to listen to music from the Lion King while I crocheted and Caleb played with Legos on my bed...
  I had seen a wonderfully inspiring step-by-step tutorial on how to create tassie clips...and I wanted to make a couple myself. One problem though... I was crocheting for a little boy, not a little girl. Pink flowers were out. My grey and beige yarn colors were needed, and circles were in order. ;)

  They're cute, aren't they? 
  The tassie clips were very simple to make, and they weren't very time consuming either. I was able to use yarn and buttons I already had, actually. The real booger was finding those clips! 

  I had to find mitten clips...or suspender clips.. Ok. Honestly, I didn't know exactly what I was supposed to be looking for. I struck out at Hobby Lobby and Michael's. It wasn't until I searched desperately through the aisles of Jo-Ann that I finally found something that would work. The fashion clip worked perfectly. I just needed scissors to chop off the stretchy white elastic, since I only needed the clips!     
  I used this helpful tutorial as my main instructions manual for yesterday's project: 

 (And here's a short video on crocheting the circle):  
          
  So there you are! Cute and easy project for a sweet shower gift. :)

No comments: